I love weeds! There’s nothing like pulling weeds in your herb or vegetable garden and bringing them in to eat! If you eat your weeds, you can produce so much more food for your family and weeds tend to be chock full of vitamins and minerals.
This is an easy and tasty weed salad far tastier and more nutritious than your traditional lettuce salad.
– Violet leaves (Available Year-Round; Pick the newest, healthiest-looking leaves you can find)
– Yellow Wood Sorrel (Available Year-Round)
– Purslane (Available in Summer Only)
Violets (Violacea Viola spp.)
Yellow Wood Sorrel (Oxalidacea Oxalis spp.)
Purslane (Portulaca oleracea)
1. Gather. Gathering is easiest with scissors.
2. Wash. At least three changes of water is best.
3. Chop finely.