Chickweed (Stellaria media) is an amazing plant that grows all over many yards, parks, under trees, etc in Eastern U.S. It can be tricky to find because it’s seasonal, coming up early winter and then dying back when it gets too hot. So now’s the time to head out...
Morels are an easy beginner mushroom and incredibly delicious even for the most cautious of eaters. Edibility Morels are a delicacy sought after by gourmet chefs and foodies. They are mainly harvested in the wild and therefore can be difficult to find. Their earthy, nutty, delicious smell and flavor...
Wild Field Garlic Salad Dressing 2 Tbsp Wild Field Garlic stalks (diced)1/2 Cup Olive Oil2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar1 tsp Salt1 Tbsp Sugar or Honey Combine thoroughly in a bowl and serve on your favorite salad.Enjoy!
Nature is essential to growing healthy, competent children. Time in the backyard, going to a park, gardening, or exploring an abandoned woodlot all count as time in nature. For children under 5, an hour or two daily in the backyard might be enough to meet their needs. For children...
- Level 3 Foraging: Medicinal Plants and Mushrooms Course - Saturday November 4, 2023 $125.00
- Level 1 Foraging: Plant ID and Foraging, Glen Allen, Tuesday October 24, 2023 $95.00
- Level 1 Foraging: Plant ID and Foraging, Glen Allen, Saturday October 21, 2023 $95.00
- Level 1 Foraging: Plant ID and Foraging, Glen Allen, Saturday September 9, 2023 $95.00
- Wilderness Survival Crash Course - October 7, 2023 $95.00