Next time you host a party, try out these delicious, Mini Violet Quiches! These are super easy to make, very inexpensive, and look great.
Common Blue Violet (Violaceae Viola sororia)
– 1 Cup Fresh violet leaves from Common Blue Violet or another edible violet species
– 2 Eggs, Whipped
– 1/2 cup milk or substitute (not vanilla-flavored)
– Pepper to taste (Can use wild pepperweed)
– Salt to taste
-Gather and wash violet leaves from a pesticide and chemical-free location
– Chop and saute the violet leaves lightly.
– Lightly beat the eggs. Add the milk and combine.
– Add the sauteed violet leaves to the egg mixture. Then add the salt and pepper and mix.
– Spoon the mixture into your phyllo-dough quiche cups.
– Bake for 8 – 12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheight or until the eggs are solid.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please leave a comment below and let me know how it turns out!